Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
- The information collected
- Information you provide us with
When you sign up to our Sites, you voluntarily give us certain information. This includes but is not limited to your name, email address, postal or other physical address, your date of birth and your gender information. In addition, you provide us with the contact history you had with us through phone, instant chat or social media and we collect your purchase history and saved items.
- Information collected automatically
Whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our Sites. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
Log data. When you use our Sites, our servers automatically record information (“Log Data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you’re using it. This Log Data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had HEALR features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used HEALR, and cookie data.
Device information. In addition to Log Data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using our Sites on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Information collected from other sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your HEALR account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Facebook), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
In addition, we may get information about you and your activity off HEALR from our affiliates, advertisers, partners and other third parties we work with such as the information collected from online advertisers who typically share information with the websites or apps where they run ads to measure and/or improve those ads. We also receive this information, which may include information like whether clicks on ads led to purchases or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads.
- Usage of information collected
We use the information we collect to provide our Sites to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect HEALR and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better. If you make a purchase on HEALR, we’ll save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to buy something on HEALR.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Sites, which helps us improve them and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Sites, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of HEALR and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by HEALR and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on HEALR and our products;
- To personalize your experience using our Sites, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements; and
- To process your payments including credit checks and collection.
- Sharing Information
- To any pharmacy, pharmacist or other medical supplier, so it can contact you regarding the meds or products ordered and send you other communication that may be of interest say as special offers (you may opt out of marketing communications).
- If sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide or otherwise make available the Sites and any feature of the Sites or a service that you have requested.
- If we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public or the Sites.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on HEALR.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or HEALR; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. We may share the information described in this Policy with our wholly-owned subsidiaries and affiliates. We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy. We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers or others.
- When we otherwise have your consent to share the information.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Limit the Information that You Provide: If you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional account information, profile picture, gender information and date of birth. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain features may not be accessible.
Limit Access to Information On Your Mobile Device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps. If you do so, you may not be able to use certain features.
Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, HEALR does not respond to “do not track” signals across all of our Sites. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using HEALR’s website, with the drawback that certain features of HEALR’s websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
We are committed to protecting your information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. HEALR takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of this information. We protect the security of such information during transmission to us by using _________________________________.
- Third Party Sites
The Sites may contain links to other sites. HEALR is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when leaving the Sites to read the privacy statements of each site that collects information.
- Children’s information
The website and the mobile applicationare not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the website and the mobile application represents to HEALR that they are 13 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 13 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.